GOALS OF POLICE DEPARTMENT:
- To serve the public by providing a police presence, protecting citizens from crime by this presence, and the arrest of the perpetrators of criminal activity.
- To investigate crimes against people and property in a professional manner so as to comply with court mandated restrictions and insure successful prosecutions.
- To make the streets of Caro safe for motorists and pedestrians by the arrest of subjects driving while suspended and\or under the influence of drugs, or violating other traffic laws.
- To provide emergency assistance to injured, ill, threatened, or at risk individuals.
- To create a safe environment conducive to commercial activity.
- To protect property owners and their property from theft or injury.
- To operate in such a manner as to minimize risk of injury to the citizens of Caro and the employees of the Police Department.
- To operate in accordance with professional principles according to written policies, rules, and regulations.
- To manage, report and maintain mandated records in accordance with applicable law.
Caro Police Department also provides four school crossing guards to assist our children in crossing our City streets in a safe manner.