Brian Newcomb - Chief of Police
Emergency Number: 911
The Officers of the Caro Police Department are here to serve the
citizens of Caro (left to right)
Chief Brian Newcomb
Caro Police Department also provides five school crossing guards to assist our children in crossing our City streets in a safe manner.
Billie Jo Reid
GOALS OF POLICE DEPARTMENT:
1. To serve the public by providing a police presence, protecting citizens from crime by this presence, and the arrest of the perpetrators of criminal activity.
2. To investigate crimes against people and property in a professional manner so as to comply with court mandated restrictions and insure successful prosecutions.
3. To make the streets of Caro safe for motorists and pedestrians by the arrest of subjects driving while suspended and\or under the influence of drugs, or violating other traffic laws.
4. To provide emergency assistance to injured, ill, threatened, or at risk individuals.
5. To create a safe environment conducive to commercial activity.
6. To protect property owners and their property from theft or injury.
7. To operate in such a manner as to minimize risk of injury to the citizens of Caro and the employees of the Police Department.
8. To operate in accordance with professional principles according to written policies, rules, and regulations.
9. To manage, report and maintain mandated records in accordance with applicable law.
If you have an emergency **Dial 911**
The Police Department office is open Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 12:00 noon and by appointment. To make an appointment, please call 989-673-2402 during the hours noted above. The Caro Police Department apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause; however, patrol officers remain on duty 24/7 to respond to incidents as they arise. To request non-emergency police service from the Caro Police Department after business hours, call the Tuscola County 911 Dispatch Center at 989-673-8738, when you hear the prompts, press one to reach a live dispatcher to assist you.
Sign up for NIXLE
To receive telephone notifications from the Caro Police Department and the Tuscola County Sheriff Department, click on the link and register with NIXLE. These notifications are usually things such as notifying the public that there is a missing person, the roads are blocked due to an urgent situation such as accident or fire or anything else the Police Department feels are urgent messages.
Click here to go to their web-page